The program of study requires 12 hours of credit. Students will have the opportunity to engage in independent study and performance but will not be required to funnel their work directly into an extensively produced performance artifact and thesis as is required in the MFA degree.
- Danc 510: Graduate Seminar/Special Topics—4 hours
- Danc 541 or Dance 542: Contemporary Directions—2 hours
- Danc 462: Composition Workshop or Danc 562: Graduate Creative Process—2 hours
- Danc 560: Advanced Physical Practice—2 hours
- Danc 550: Advanced Research through Independent Study for 2 hours or an additional 2 hours of Composition or Contemporary Directions
Total: 12 hours
Prerequisite: graduate student standing
Admissions to the minor will be monitored by the MFA in dance program director. Students will be required to have successfully completed one of the required graduate minor courses prior to official admission to the program. Prospective minor candidates will be required to provide a letter of endorsement from their home department advisor that is co-signed by their home department graduate program director.