Resources for Artists Negotiating a Changing Cultural/Political Climate
I-CAUSE is a coalition made up of undocumented and DACA students as well as Illinois staff. Mission statement: To create an alliance of undocumented students at the University of Illinois for representation, resource gathering, and access to post-secondary education. We aim to bring awareness of our status and create an inclusive climate for undocumented students to voice their concern. We strive to empower the community as a means to create allies and advocate for policy change by sharing our testimonies.
Post-Election: Recommendations for School Administrators, Educators, Counselors, and Undocumented Students
Since its founding in 1974, La Casa Cultural Latina at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to Latina/o students and the campus community, as well as local and global communities.
"The Case for Reparations" by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Trans Lifeline: 877/565-8860
- Suicide and Depression Hotline: 800/999-9999
- UIUC Emergency Dean: 217/333-0050
- International Student and Scholar Services: 217/333-1303
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center: 217/244-8863
- Office for Student Conflict Resolution: 217/333-3680
- Office of Diversity, Equity, and Access: 217/333-0885
- Office of Minority Student Affairs: 217/333-0054
- Office of the Dean of Students: 217/333-0050
- Student Legal Services: 217/333-9053
- Women's Resources Center: 217/333-3137
A collaborative project of Student Affairs, coordinated by Diversity and Social Justice Education
Undocumented Students Ally Training
Training hosted by La Casa Cultural Latina and I-CAUSE (Illinois Coalition Assisting Undocumented Students' Education)
Join us for an insightful training on how to best be a resource to undocumented students on campus. We will provide a comprehensive training regarding:
- Immigration legislation
- Understanding DACA and administrative relief
- Resources for DACA students
- Narratives of undocumented students
In the Zone is a collaboration of the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations, Disability Resources and Educational Services, the Office of the Dean of Students, and the Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education, College of Applied Health Sciences.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ICARE—Bystander Intervention Training
Sponsored by the Women's Resources Center
ICARE is a 90-minute bystander intervention workshop offered to established groups and organizations on campus. In this highly interactive workshop, students dialogue with peers in their organization about consent and sexually disrespectful behavior, understand what helps people intervene in sexually disrespectful situations, set a group norm in which sexually disrespectful behavior is recognized as a problem and active bystander behavior is promoted, and learn a variety of intervention skills. The workshop is also highly customizable and is built specifically for group members to examine their values and how they can work together to end sexual violence.
If your group or organization would like to request an ICARE workshop, fill out the request form. The ICARE coordinator will be in contact to set up a workshop. Questions? Contact Molly McLay, Assistant Director, Women's Resources Center: email@example.com.
- Congressman Rodney Davis: 217/403-4690
- Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth: 847/807-5680
- Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner: 312/814-2121
- Champaign Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen: 217/403-8720 (firstname.lastname@example.org)